Joni Ernst Posts Strong Q1: Nearly $1.7 Million for Quarter; More Than $2.8 Million Cash on Hand
Iowa Senator Received Donations from Iowans in All 99 Counties
Des Moines, IA – U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) is in a strong position as she closes out the first quarter of 2019, announcing more than $2.8 million cash on hand and nearly $1.7 million in the first quarter for Joni for Iowa. This marks the largest Q1 fundraising total in the off-year of an election cycle in Iowa. Ernst raised a total of $2.3 million across her campaign committees.
“Joni Ernst is well-positioned to kick off the year,” said Brook Ramlet, senior advisor. “She has strong support across the state, receiving donations from Iowans in every county. Additionally, Joni’s backing continues to grow as more than 40 percent of donations were from first time donors. Iowans know they have a proven, effective voice with Joni fighting for them in Washington and her substantial first quarter numbers reiterate their solid support.”
- More than $2.8 million cash on hand
- Raised nearly $1.7 million for Joni for Iowa, marking the largest Q1 fundraising total in the off-year of an election cycle in Iowa.
- Raised a total of $2.3 million across her campaign committees
- Donations from Iowans in every county
- More than 43 percent of donations were from first time donors
- About 88 percent were small dollar donations